Loading.. new window reload

Cigarette butt blamed for inferno

Date: 2016, 24 October

MP in Valencia, Juan Carlos Moragues (PP) says a cigarette not put out properly is believed to be the cause of the first fire which started at the viewing point in Benitatxell and sparks from this ignited the others in the chain which destroyed 879 hectares and forced the evacuation of 1,400 residents.
He criticised the regional government for claiming it was the work of arsonists, saying ‘speculation’ merely hinders investigations.

Thanks to Costa Blanca News http://www.costa-news.com/latest-news/cigarette-butt-blamed-for-inferno/


Share on Facebook
« Back to Overview
Avenida de La Libertad 12 | 03730 Javea (Arenal) | ALICANTE SPAIN | C.I.F. B42676635 | M: +34 669657118 | T: +34 965792531 | info@bespoiled.eu